Advanced Birth Professional Workshop
"Supporting Fathers Prenatally and Through Childbirth"
How birthcare professionals welcome fathers is significant to the whole family system.
· Increased confidence in working with men/fathers.
· Increased skills for welcoming fathers into the pregnancy and birth process.
· Understanding ways to support a man's "low adrenaline" presence at birth itself.
· Learn how to help fathers manage their expectations in a way that contributes most effectively to the families needs.
· Experience articulating 'gender issues' for yourself as well as parents and increase your ability to communicate.
Ronald McDonald House
1315 Barbara Jordan Blvd, Austin, TX 78723
Presented by Patrick Houser. Patrick has spent many years working in the field of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood. Now a grandfather, Patrick pioneered conscious birthing with his son's waterbirth in 1980, the first in the US. In 2006 he co-founded of Fathers-To-Be UK and works with expectant and new dads, birthcare professionals and educators. He is also the author of the new book, Fathers-To-Be Handbook.
A Fathers-To-Be Handbook will be included for all participants.
Reserve your place at www.centexbirthnetwork.org
512-691-9546 (3 DONA CEU, pending)
SPONSORED BY :
CENTRAL TEXAS BIRTH NETWORK - www.centexbirthnetwork.org
BOLDinAUSTIN - www.boldinaustin.org
birth and early parenting (educators as well as practitioners).
Research shows: Men who respond to impending fatherhood by reflecting on the way
they were parented produce happier children.Fathers Make a World of Difference!
Now available, Fathers-To-Be Handbook
Please enjoy www.fatherstobe.org